What can I expect?
Once a research plan and amount of work has been agreed I will proceed. All reports detail the research process, including the sources searched, all findings and any negative results. If appropriate, an analysis of the research findings and suggestions on how to proceed further is included along with any relevant local and social history pertaining to the family or area researched.
I always work within your needs and budget and welcome any size commission. I am therefore able to assist you whether you need research into just one individual ancestor, a specific line or several branches. Most clients decide on how much they wish to spend then spread the payments as it suits them. For large research projects, ongoing research and for clients who prefer to preset a maximum amount to spend, I accept payments on deposit provided an initial time limit is set. I will then continue with the research until I either get to the agreed limit, or come to a dead end.
On completion you will receive a professional folder with:
Choice of charts of family tree
Report of research results including photographs
Transcriptions or copies of original records
A CD and GEDCOM file of results
Option of report in book form
Suggestions of further research options.
To see an example of a family history report from Scotlands Genealogy download the report below-
I offer a free email consultation to discuss your research requirements and to establish if further research is feasible.Fees are £22/hour as set for members of the Association of Scottish Genealogists and Researchers in Archives (ASGRA).You the client have control of the budget and time you wish to expend.
- Statutory records size A4 and A3 b/w print £0.50
- Wills and Testaments A4 and A3 b/w print £0.50 per image
- Formal extract copy of record £10.00
- Statutory record/Census image to USB stick £0.30
- Wills and Testaments image to USB stick £0.30
- Coat of Arms image to USB stick £10.00
- Copies of the certificates can be printed or saved on a USB memory stick. The exception are:
- Births less than 100 years old
- Marriages less than 75 years old
- Deaths less than 50 years old
They are available for viewing but not printing or saving except by transcription.
- To place an enquiry please complete my online form and I will respond within 24 hours.